Tuesday 3 March 2015

Croftlands Junior School

Following on from the assembly at the infants school I went over to the juniors.  To start with we sang Creator God which would lead me into the assembly story of Adam and Eve.  I asked the children if they knew what the names meant as a way of an intro - 'first people ever'.  I then recalled the story of Adam and Eve as I got to the part when God walks in the garden and asks them if they have taken the fruit from the tree of good and bad, I made a big point of Adam blaming Eve and Eve the snake.  I explained the point of the assembly was to think about how we react when we have done things wrong, too often we can lie about it and hold someone else to blame as Adam and Eve did.  They had to leave the garden and then work hard to live.  Whenever we lie that leads to another lie and so on and so on.  I asked the children to think what the world would be like if they hadn't have done wrong and lied.  To close we sang and signed I Love You, I then closed in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment