Monday 11 June 2018

Newton Primary School

This morning Sarah and I went to Newton School for the assembly.  After singing Be Happy I told the story of Moses sending the spies into the promised land.  I displayed some pictures as I recalled the story.  Before I started I explained that at this time of year we do assemblies on our own and sometimes with others to year the children move up through the school and year 6 children as the move to secondary school.  So during the story as the spies came back 10 said that there was problems with the land so as I said what the problem was like too many buildings, different food, funny languages (things that year 6 children might come across in secondary school - not biblical excuses) Sarah (being Moses) replied with a good positive response.  She then explained that it might be a bit scary to change school or just change class and year group - she then recalled Joshua 1:9 to the children which talks about being strong and courageous and not to be afraid for God is with us where ever we go.  We then finished off with God can do Anything.  Sarah finished the assembly with a prayer and then just because it is the last one of the year the Chicken Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment