Tuesday 10 September 2013

Low Furness School first assembly of the new term

Our first assembly of the new term was based on creation.  So after a brief welcome and chat about the summer, we sang Creator God.  I then displayed some visual aids as I recalled the creation story from Genesis Ch1 using the Street Bible.  I did however alter a few words so the children would understand it a little better.  During the reading I displayed a picture for the day - which unfortunately couldn't easily be seen due to the sun.  After the reading I talked a bit about creation and how beautiful flowers are and how unusual some creatures are like those with big long noses or the duck billed platypus.  I followed this up by talking about us and how special and unique we are that is all different.  Different but all created by a Great Big God which led us to sing that song.  I prayed at the end of the assembly for the children at the start of the new year/new term.

No comments:

Post a Comment