Wednesday 18 September 2013

St Peters

This morning Sarah and I went over to St Peters to take the first assembly of this new school year.  We decided to do the assembly that we have done n all our schools just recently.  So Sarah started by asking if the children had had a good summer holiday and then we sang Creator God.  Sarah continued to talk with the children (as I got the visual aids ready) asking if they knew what story I was going to tell and seeing if they knew which book of the bible it came from she also explained that I was going to read it from the Word on the Street Bible.  I explained to the children a bit about the bible I was using.  During the story Sarah displayed pictures displaying the days of creation.  Then she explained a bit about the story and about how we should look after the planet and each other after all our great big God has given it to us to enjoy which was a nice link to the next song.  Following the song I said a short prayer, followed by the Lord's Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment