Monday 9 December 2013

Broughton School

This morning I went over to see the children at Broughton school and to do a Christmas Assembly.  As we had plenty of time we sang Shine to begin with before I played the little video clip about the shepherds.  I then explained a little about shepherds and how in the gospels Jesus is described as the Good Shepherd.  I had my toy stuffed sheep and my staff with me as I was talking to the children.  I asked the children what shepherds needed one answer was sheep and someone else said a stick what they meant was a crook.  Using my staff/crook I demonstrated what a shepherd might do with them - support, control, identity, protect then I displayed a picture of a crook on the screen and added the following descriptions as they relate to Jesus.  Support - Jesus is always there to support us and help us as we journey through life.  Identity - Through his love for us, Jesus helps us to know that we belong to him.  Control - Jesus is in control and as his followers we need to trust in him.  Protection - Jesus helps us through good and difficult times. We often need to call out to him to save and protect us.  After I had said this we sang our Christmas song Rejoice with us this Christmas.  Then to finish I said a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment