Tuesday 29 April 2014

Croftlands Juniors

This morning I went along to Croftlands Juniors.  As we have done in lots of schools recently we watched the Pixar mini clip about the birds.  Only part of the school were in as the rest go swimming on Tuesdays.  As has been the case in most schools the children found the clip to be funny - that's because it is.  But when I go through the screen shots showing some of the birds and ask the question which bird they might be the laughing stops as they realise the point of the assembly.  Then when I bring in the verse from John 13:34 where Jesus says Love one another as I have loved you and talk about what that means in that we should treat people as we would like to be treated that is showing kindness, care, being gentle.  I encouraged the children to be accepting of everyone and whenever they are in a group be open to allow other people in.  Then by doing this we can shine from the inside out which was the song we then sang together.  I closed with a prayer and although the year 6 class was out I prayed for them as the SAT test are coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment