Thursday 13 July 2017

Lindal and Marton school

Yesterday I did our final assembly of the year at Lindal and Marton School.  It was great to see the children.  To start I asked the year 6 children if they would like to pick the first song to sing as it was their last time with us - they picked God's love is Bigger than a Burger.  After the song I told the story of Abraham and how God called him to move from Ur to a place He would show him, I asked how the children might feel if when they got home they were told that they were going to move and a big van outside had all their things in it.  I had a few responses like happy, sad, scared... I then added what would you feel like if you were told that when you move you were just going to drive around and find somewhere - not knowing where that might be.  This was like Abraham, however God had made a promise to him that he would give him and his people and his family land to live on - even though Abraham at this time had no children God made a promise that he would.  Eventually Abraham does have a son and a large family grows from him and he does have land to live on.  His people became the Israelites and they live in Israel.  I linked back to the transition assembly and lesson we did a few weeks ago and the Jonah drama as well as the verse from Joshua 1:8 Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid for God is with you wherever you go - explaining that God has promised to be with us and as we move on in life he will go with us and help and guide us.  To finish we sang My Lighthouse. Then I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment