Monday 10 July 2017

Pennington School

This afternoon I went to Pennington School for the last time this school year.  I asked the year 6 children as it was their last assembly with us what they would like to sing, God's love is bigger than a burger before we started to sing I reminded the year 6 children that this might be the last time to sing it.  I was so pleased to see them join in with big actions as well.  After the song I told the story of Abraham and his move at God's direction to a new place and also the promises God made him there about children.  I linked back to the transition assembly and the verse from Joshua 1:8 Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid for God is with you wherever you go.  I encouraged the children with this verse to remember it as they move on and up through the school.  We finished with My Lighthouse before I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment