Thursday 25 February 2010

1st Duddon Cub Scout Group

We have had a great time tonight. Sarah and I got asked to talk to the Cubs as they are doing a World Faith Badge. We was not really sure what to do or even what to expect - so we went and introduced ourselves to the children and told them a little about what we did as Christians. We had a Scruff the Dog slot followed by a talk from Sarah about watching what we say, we sang some lively songs, we told a story from the Bible in a modern way which we got the children to help us with by dressing up as characters from the story. I did some magic tricks about God's promise never fails and then I gave them a short message about God's love. We sang some more songs and ended with Wonderful Lord. I didn't dress as Bertie the Clown but I told the children about him and about why we do what we do - because we love God so much and He loves us so much that we just want to tell people about him. Sarah and I really enjoyed ourselves and feel that some more very presious seeds have been sown again tonight so please pray for those little ones that the seeds will start to grow.