Tuesday 31 January 2012

Low Furness School

Today we started the assembly with a song then as it was book week at school I talked a little about the Bible and showed the children a very old copy of the Bible and also the Bible model that I have. I pointed out that there are some great stories in the Bible and that I was going to tell one of those stories.I asked someone to help out front. We had two different kinds of seat; one was a bean bay the other a solid chair. They were asked them to pick one to sit on, but it had to be strong and reliable so they picked the chair and not the soft bean bag. Meanwhile I tried out the bean bag and fell off it and couldn't get back up there was much laughing at this point. I then told the wise and foolish builder story from the Lion Storyteller bible and I showed some pictures. I concluded the talk by saying that in life we sometimes need to decide what we choose like the two builders and we need to set our lives on something solid. I pointed out that a wise decision to make might be to read the stories from the Bible. We then sang Shine before finishing with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment