Wednesday 5 July 2017

St Peters School

This morning Sarah and I went to do our last assembly of the school year at St Peters.  We started by singing So Many Ways to Praise the Lord.  Sarah then introduced the theme for the assembly which was Thankfulness, she then displayed a picture of something she was and is very thankful for it was a picture of Grace and Martha.  She explained a little about them to the children.  I then took over saying that I too was thankful for Grace and Martha but my picture was of some carrots, which as you can imagine brought about a laugh, I add that I was also thankful for cauliflower to which Sarah interrupted saying but Mark you don't like it!  which is true but I am thankful that some people do so I can give it to them when ever I get served it.  I did go on to talk about other food stuffs.  Sarah then displayed the last picture which was a box of tissues, she added that she is thankful for friends and family that help when times are hard and things.  Sarah then went round the hall and asked each child what they were thankful for we got some great answers like family and friends to water and food to pets and Xbox!  We reminded the children that they have so much to say thank you for even the school as some children in some parts of the world don't go to school and others have massive cityscapes to look across instead of mountains and hills.  We finished with Shine before closing with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment