Thursday 9 May 2019

Flookburgh School

This morning I have been down to Flookburgh School to do the assembly.  It seems like ages since we last saw the children well before Easter, so to start off I asked if they had had a good Easter holiday and Easter weekend. The children had made some Easter gardens and they were still on display in the hall so I commented on them as this formed a link firstly to the song we were going to sing and also to my story.  So after singing Inright Outright I did a quick recap of the events around the first Easter and then told the story of the two men on the road to Emmaus.  When Jesus joined them they didn't realise it was him and to demonstrate this point I had some blurry pictures of celebs - I did explain that Jesus was all burry though.  As the story unfolded Jesus was going to go on but they asked him to stay and eat (still not knowing who he was) then when he broke the bread WOW! they realised it was him so they hot footed it back to Jerusalem to tell the others.  I made the point that it was what Jesus did that showed who he was, so I asked and encouraged the children to tell me what they might do to show Jesus and particularly his love.  After a number of suggestions and a few hints and dropping in the odd 'shine out' I said we were going to sing a song could they guess which one it was - Shine of course.  After the song I finished with a short prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment