Friday 11 October 2019

Our Lady's School

On Thursday morning I went to do the assembly at Our Lady's School, it was the first visit since the start of the new school year and it was lovely to see all the children and staff again.  I started by asking who liked getting new things which led onto me talking about being in a new class with a new teacher and getting new books.  I then told the story of Zacchaeus and how having met with Jesus he became a new person.  After the story I made a reference back to new books and explained that in a book if we make a mistake we can turn over a new page and start again.  I said that all of us at some time in our lives make mistakes and if we do as Zacchaeus did - say sorry we too can start a new.  We then sang So Many Ways to Praise the Lord after which I finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment