Tuesday 10 July 2012

Croftlands Juniors

I went to Croftlands Juniors today.  It was the last time for this year so it would be the last chance to see year 6.  After singing Be Happy I then told a story with pictures about Moving On.  I used Abraham, Joseph and Moses to explain that sometimes in life we Stay Still but at other times we need to Move On.  The Israelites had for example Stayed Still in Egypt for 400 years and were then slaves but God through Moses told them to Move On.  But as they did they found things in the way so they couldn't Move On like the Red Sea, or the lack of water and food.  They could have Stayed Still but God needed them to Move On and so found a way round the problems or through them in the case of the Red Sea.  I then encouraged the children as they Move On to ask and seek answers as they Move On into new classes even new classrooms with new teachers and I also encouraged them to pray to God for help if ever they felt things were getting a bit too much.  I finished with Shine before saying a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment