Tuesday 3 July 2012

Low Furness School

I took the assembly on my own today at Low Furness.  The theme we had been given was Move On.  There are lots of things that I could have talked about but I decided to talk about the Israelite people.  First I mentioned Abraham and how he had been promised lots of children and a land.  Then I said a little about Joseph and then how 400 years later they were slaves.  Then came Moses and God spoke to him and told him it was time to Move On.  I focused on a few bits of the story like when they got stopped by the Red See but God wanted them to Move On so he opened the sea up for them.  I Talked about the lack of food and water which could have stopped them but because God wanted them to Move On be provided for them.  Then they came into the land after 40 years of moving and getting ready.  Once they were there they had Moved On.  I used some pictures from a children's bible to illustrate the story.  I linked it to the children by saying that in school we need to Move On.  Each year moves on to the next, and like Moses and the people we too face new challenges as well as seeing new opportunities.  So I encouraged the children as they Move On this summer to not be afraid of a new classroom or teacher but to seek help from others around them and to also pray to Jesus too whenever they feel in need of a little more help.  Before we started we sang Giants of Faith then at the end Be Happy.  I concluded with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment