Thursday 28 March 2013

Experience Easter with year 2 Ulverston Infants

I have been involved again this afternoon with Experience Easter and this time it was year 2 of Ulverston Infants who came round.  I was in the garden again talking to the children about times when they might have felt alone or afraid.  I got some interesting answers from the children.  I read the part of the story that went with the garden and talked about Jesus being alone and maybe frightened.  I read three verses about God knowing our names, loving us and Jesus telling us not to be afraid. 

I have called you by name---you are mine. Isaiah 43:1
I have loved you with an everlasting love ... Jeremiah 31:3a

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid John 14:27

I was good to see the children talk about what makes them feel alone and hear about what makes them frightened.  They make a model out of play dough to show what it was and we held them in our hands and prayed about them.

Each child that has been through the Experience Easter this week will have taken something away with them from it.  Pray for them as they explore and learn what Jesus has done for them.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment