Tuesday 26 March 2013

Low Furness School - Easter Assembly - Jesus is alive and it was no trick!!

Today I went to Low Furness School and did our Easter Assembly.  Sarah had stayed at home to catch up with some work towards Good Friday's service by the cross.  So I had to do the assembly alone which was a bit strange as we have been doing this one together and Sarah would speak and I would hold things up and then go on to do the gospel illusion.  As we have a slightly longer time at Low Furness I started with So Many Ways reflecting back to Palm Sunday.  Then talked briefly about the week leading up to Good Friday.  I then focused on the collection of eggs and explained about each one.  When I came to the plastic egg and took out the cross I explained that it was made up of 3 nails.  I talked about how it hurts if or when we prick our fingers and asked the children to imagine what a nail would feel like.  I then took out the three crosses and displayed them to the children telling them that Jesus was placed in the middle and that he died and like the other two men was buried.  Now the other two men did die and I remove their crosses from the tomb envelope and show both sides of the card but Jesus - well he was gone I say this as I hold up the card that reads He is not Here - before the children can say anything I turn the card over to show He is Risen and the tomb envelope is empty.  I explain about the Easter eggs being a symbol of New Life and that new life is with Jesus, they are empty and we could use that to remember that the tomb was empty also the shape could be a reminder that the stone was rolled away.  Following the talk we sang Inright Outright then I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment