Wednesday 16 October 2013

Crosthwaite School

This afternoon Sarah and I along with Scruff the Dog went over to see the children at Crosthwaite school.  We had decided to do a harvest themed assembly so to begin we sang Our God is a Great Big God.  Then I introduced Scruff the Dog to the  children, they have seen him before so it wasn't new.  Scruff was quite excited to see the children as he looked around the room and whispered in my ear.  He told me that he had something for me a present which was in his bag.  Sure enough there was a piece of cloth which turned out to be a vest - Scruff proudly announced in my ear 'Happy A Vest'  which the children laughed at.  Scruff felt a little embarrassed by this and tried to hide his face.  Even more so when I explained that it was Harvest and not A Vest time.  It took a little while but he came round and I explained that we could fix the little mistake really easily because like Scruff people get harvest mixed up they think it is all about saying thank you for the food we have - well it is and saying thank you to God is good but we should also look to how we can give things back as well.  There are so many people in the world that go without and at harvest time we could think about how we could help them.  Scruff understood this and to demonstrate it further I said thank you for the vest and gave it him back so he can keep warm in the winter.  Scruff was delighted by this.  To finish we sang So Many Ways to Praise the Lord and Sarah then said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment