Tuesday 2 December 2014

Low Furness School

This morning Sarah and I did our Christmas assembly for the children of Low Furness School.  As we wanted the children to watch a video we didn't start with a song instead Sarah talked about the time of year and what it is all about - advent.  Then we showed the John Lewis advert from 2011 about a boy waiting for the arrival of Christmas Day.  He counts down the days looks at the clock several times is seen rushing his food on what is Christmas Eve.  Then it happens Christmas Day, he gets up runs past the pile of presents which are at the foot of his bed and instead collects a big present that he has been keeping safe and walks into his mum and dad's room to give it to them.  Sarah then talked about the clip and asked the children questions like - did you expect that to happen?, what was the boy waiting for? She then explained that it is always better to give than to receive and we displayed a verse from Acts 20:35 about giving.  Sarah then handed over to me and I took a box that had a nice red bow on it and as I held it I explained that this was the greatest gift ever, then as I opened it and looked inside there was nothing in it - expect a piece of paper that said NOTHING.  But as I went to scratch my head letting the box fall it made into a cross.  I then placed the red ribbon over it and explained that the greatest gift is Jesus and it was given to us a Christmas by God - and that is why we celebrate Christmas.  Sarah then concluded and linked into our Christmas song Rejoice with us this Christmas,  At the end I closed in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment