Wednesday 3 December 2014

St Peters

This morning Sarah and I went to St Peters to do our Christmas assembly for the children.  We had a great time with them as we asked them about what time of year it was and what they thought was their best ever gift or present.  We once again showed the John Lewis advert with the boy who waited and waited until it was Christmas Day then forgetting all his gifts went and got a gift out and took it to his parents.  The point was simple it is better to give than to receive which is taken from Acts 20:35.  I then took a present that had a nice red bow and ribbon on it and told the children that it was the greatest gift ever in the box.  But opening it up there was NOTHING inside it so as the children laughed and as I went to scratch my head I let the box fall open to reveal a cross.  Pausing for a moment I wrapped the red ribbon on to the cross and explained that Jesus is God's special gift to us and reminded the children about what Jesus did for us.  Sarah then introduced the Christmas song Rejoice with Us and to close said a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment