Tuesday 27 June 2017

Low Furness School

This morning I did the assembly at Low Furness School.  The theme was Peace and Parables, so after singing God can do Anything I asked the children if they had ever lost anything.  I got a few answers back from the children like, necklaces, animals, teeth! I asked them how they felt losing something special like their teddy bear - I talked about the time Grace left her teddy in a hotel room and how she felt (they posted it back to us) I said that sometimes when we lose something special we are upset and if it really is important and we are frantically looking for it we are not at peace. I then told the story of the Lost Coin having explained that Jesus used parables to talk to people (I also explained what a parable is) as I told the story I displayed pictures on the screen and paused a few times to ask the children how the lady might have felt.  I then explained that it was a nice earthly story but it had another meaning too which was that God delights in people when they decide to follow him, that being the heavenly meaning behind the story.  Next we sang My Lighthouse which has the line you are my peace in the trouble sea.  I then did a plug for holiday club before saying a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment