Tuesday 7 May 2019

Croftlands Infant School

This morning I went along to Croftlands Infant School to do the assembly.  It was our first visit since the Easter holidays and the Easter weekend so I started by asking if the children had had a good Easter and if they had had chocolate for breakfast on Easter Sunday. I said that I knew Easter seem such a long time ago now but I wanted to tell the children what happened next so before I did that we sang Inright Outright to remind us what Jesus did.  I then did a very quick recap of the story of Easter and then talked about the events that happened at 'teatime' on Easter Sunday, when two of Jesus' followers were walking home.  Jesus caught up with them and walked with them except they did realise it was him - I used some pictures of celebs that I had blurred the faces of to further explain my point - not that Jesus' face was blurry or anything...you get the idea.  Anyway as the arrived at the house Jesus was going to continue but they asked him to stay - and it was when He broke the bread that they realised who it was - they made a quick exit and ran back to tell the other followers in Jerusalem.  I made the point that it was what Jesus did that showed them who Jesus was, so I encouraged the children to do things that show Jesus, such as being kind and showing love.  I did ask them for some ideas too which they willingly gave me like watching TV with a friend, sharing toys and sweets, opening a door for someone, etc.  I said that when we do that we Shine from the inside out cue for a song.  After the song I finished off with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment