Wednesday 13 November 2019

Burlington School

This morning Sarah and I went to Burlington School to do the assembly.  It was great to see all the children and staff again.  We started the assembly with God's Love is Bigger than a Burger after which Sarah asked the children about friends, this was a link into the story I was going to tell.  Sarah did point out that in the New Testament when we hear about Jesus there are times when Jesus told a story, she asked what they were called - parable came the answer but there are also stories like todays which were actual events.  It was about 4 special friends.  I then used my square to cross prop to tell the account from Mark 2:1-12 of Jesus healing a lame man.  I shaped the prop into various shapes as I retold the story, we had a house, a door, a window, a bed, steps etc.  After the story Sarah asked the children what makes a good friend.  She responded to the answers the children gave.  Then she made a link into our last song Shine. After the song Sarah finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment