Monday 25 November 2019

Newton School

This morning Sarah and I went to do the assembly at Newton School.  Sarah started the assembly by asking about friends (not the TV show) and friendship groups as this linked into what I was going to tell a story about.  Sarah also pointed out that in the Bible Jesus sometimes told stories which we call parables but today the story was one that Jesus was involved in.  I then told the story of the lame man who was carried by  4 friends on his bed to see Jesus from Mark 2:1-12.  I used my square to cross prop to help tell the story as I reshaped it into various shapes as the story moved on.  Sarah then asked the children about what makes a good friend and each answer she got she expanded on and explained to the children how they could be good friends.  To finish off we sang Shine again linking in to friendship.  Sarah then said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment