Monday 13 January 2020

Church Walk Primary School

This morning I was at Church Walk Primary School for our first assembly of 2020.  It was great to see the children and staff again after the Christmas holidays although it does seem so far away now.  I started with Be Happy then I told the story of the lost son, as I told the story I displayed pictures of the various parts of it.  I stopped the story when the young son came home and was forgiven by his father for what he had done - forgiveness was the theme for the assembly.  I explained that at Christmas time we celebrate the birth of Jesus and as he grew up and started to tell stories and teach people he was showing us how we can get to heaven and about how we can be forgiven for the wrong things we have done or do or continue doing.  To finish off we sang God can do Anything and I linked this to forgiving us the wrongs we have done but we too must forgive those that wrong us as well.  I then closed with a prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment