Tuesday 22 November 2011

Croftlands Junior School

This morning we did an assembly for some of the children at Croftlands Juniors. Part of the school go off on Tuesday for swimming lessons so we only have about half the school. I had taken in some pieces of safety equipment, hard hat, cycle helmet, riding hat etc. The children explained to me that they are needed to protect us and keep us safe. I then read the account of Jesus calming the storm. And went on to explain that Jesus had the power and authority to tell the wind to stop, the rain to go away and the waves to be calm - and there by protecting his friends. And Jesus can still do that today, the disciples were afraid but Jesus spoke softly to calm them down. I asked if any of them get frightened and mentioned some things that have frightened me in the past but I said Jesus does protect us and looks after us. We concluded with 'Wonderful Lord'

No comments:

Post a Comment