Tuesday 1 November 2011

Low Furness School

This morning we went to Low Furness School. We had been given a theme which was 'Keeping Safe' so after we had sung Great Big God I dressed up in a hard hat, goggles, gloves and a high viz jacket and asked what I might be. The children responded with various things. I then changed into something else and then changed again. However each person was wearing something that could keep them safe. I then went on to tell the story of Jesus and the storm. With the help of two boys who held up a blue sheet to represent the sea. The point I was making was that Jesus protects us from all kinds of things and although we have protection equipment for working on a building site, horse riding, bike riding etc Jesus can protect us in other ways like removing our stress before a test, taking away fear etc. We finished with Wonderful Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment