Monday 3 December 2012

Broughton School

We started our round of Christmas assemblies today at Broughton.  After singing Inright Outright I went on to ask the children what event will be happening soon - Christmas came the reply.  So I asked what is special about Christmas and the first answer I got back was the birth of Jesus.  A good start to the talk.  I had a length of ribbon with me which was simple and straight I told the children that Christmas should be like the piece of rippon simple nothing fancy - I then curled the ribbon to make in fancy and got a child to hold it for me.  I then took a length of paper that had Christmas printed on it and I started to rip the letters off.  For the S I said people think that snow and snowmen are part of Christmas, I then did the same for the MA some people called the mum ma and they do a lot to get Christmas sorted out buying lots of nice things for us, then the T well this could be for trees, or turkey and even toys and other treasures which left me with CHRIS which is the first name of Father Christmas or Santa to some people and our Christmas is ruined and needed to be resorted.  I then performed a tare and restore routine with the pieces and as I did so a packet of paper fell to the floor which I pointed out was perhaps maybe a mistake on my part until I opened it to show the words Happy Birthday Jesus.  Going back to the ribbon held by the child which was still looking fancy I then made it straight again and as I did I told the children to make sure that this year they remembered the real reason behind Christmas.  We then sang a Christmas song and Sarah close with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment