Wednesday 5 December 2012

Crosthwaite School

We had a lovely drive up over the tops to Crosthwaite School this afternoon.  We took along our Christmas assembly that we have been doing in schools this week.  So after singing Inright Outright I lifted out the length of ribbon and explained that at Christmas time when we should be thinking about the birth of Jesus we complicate Christmas and with that I make the ribbon go curly.  Next I used the torn and restore Christmas paper to explain how we over complicate things which makes a bit of a mess of Christmas then I tell the children that I am going to restore Christmas which I do.  But a packet of paper falls to the floor and inside it ...Happy Birthday Jesus... I then return to the curly ribbon and say that we need to go back to a simple straight forward Christmas and I make it straight again.  We finished with a Christmas song and then a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment