Tuesday 13 September 2016

Croftlands Infant School

This morning Sarah and I did our first visit of the new school year to Croftlands Infant School.  It was lovely to see all the children again and be welcomed by them.  We sang Be Happy to start off and then I showed the children a whole load of things, I said that they were all different and did different things but they all had something in common.  So as I lifted the items out I explained what they were and asked some of the children to hold them - I had a life jacket, wet suit, hard hat, ear defenders, cycle hat, gloves, boots, high viz jacket.  When I asked what the common thing was someone said safety which was correct but not what I was looking for then someone said protection which was right - they all help to protect us.  Sarah then read an account of Jesus calming the storm and I then explained that Jesus is there to help look after and protect us because sometimes we have up days and we are very happy - that's why we sang Be Happy to start but there are times when we feel a bit sad and are down - perhaps we are having a tough time at school or with friends or a test!  The disciples in the story when faced with a storm called out to Jesus for Help and he calm the storm down.  I reminded the children that we too can call out to Jesus for help when we are in a storm of ups and downs.  We finished with Wonderful Lord and I explained that some of the words say about God being our shield and protector and he watches over us even when we sleep.  During the song I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment