Wednesday 28 June 2017

St Peters

This morning Sarah and I went to St Peters for the assembly.  We started by singing God Can Do Anything.  Then Sarah asked if anyone had ever lost anything.  A few children mentioned things they had lost and Sarah told them about things our children had lost like teddy bears left in hotels etc (he was posted back).  She asked how they felt when they discovered they had lost something.  The children gave different reactions, Sarah recalled a time when one of our children got lost in a shop and how that made her feel - she lost her peace of mind as she frantically looked for her.  When we do lose things that are important to us we can become uneasy and not be at peace because of it.  I then retold the story of the lost coin displaying pictures as I did, I paused a few times to explain things and ask how the lady was feeling, then when she did find it how she rejoiced and throw a party.  Sarah had said that I was going to tell them a story which was one Jesus told and we call them parables she explained what a parable is.  When I had finished the story I then explained that it was a nice story and we could just leave it there but when we look at the heavenly side of the story it tells us how much God loves those that decide to follow him as they are no longer lost (like the coin) but found.  To finish Sarah introduced them to My Lighthouse and some of the words that say 'you are my peace in a troubled sea'  After the song Sarah closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment