Wednesday 13 June 2018

Broughton School

This morning I went over to do the assembly at Broughton School.  It really was great to see all the children again after such a long time (first visit of 2018).  I started with Be Happy, then I did the Cecil the Sheep story from the Lost Sheep company.  Afterwards I asked if they knew what type of story it was that Jesus had told - parable.  I explained what a parable was in that it is an earthly story with a heavenly meaning.  I then asked them who the sheep represent if the shepherd is God - someone said people that do things wrong which is true in the case of the lost sheep, someone else said all of us.  I went on to explain just how much God loves us and like the shepherd wants the best for us - his love is so big that he sent Jesus to earth to die for us.  I then asked if they knew just how big God's love is and someone said bigger than a burger - cue for a song.  After the song I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment