Thursday 28 June 2018

Our Ladies

This morning Sarah and I went to Our Lady's for the assembly.  We started by telling the story of Moses, Joshua, Caleb and the 10 spies.  I recalled the story to the children of when Moses sent out the 12 spies to look over the new land - the Promised Land - however the report Moses got back was not what he was expecting.  Ten spies said that where was major problems.  At this point I read out some reasons not to go (not in the Bible).  As I said each one Sarah (Moses) turned the negative into a positive.  When I had finished I explained that the excuses might be the types of ones the year 6 children are making with regard to moving to secondary school.  I then read a couple out and asked Sarah to explain what might happen at their new school.  We also talked to the younger children as well as they will be moving on through the school.  In the end we gave them the verse from Joshua 1:9 to think about - Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid, do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.  We then snag God Can Do Anything before finishing with the Chicken Dance.  Then once we had calmed them all down again we said a final prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment