Wednesday 26 September 2018

Burlington School

This morning I went over to Burlington School for the assembly.  It was great to see all the children again.  To start we sang Inright Outright, I then talked about time and asked things like - what time do you get up, who or what tells you to wake up, what time does school start, when do you have lunch and who tells you.  Then I asked the children to sit for a minute and count out the seconds and when 60 seconds were up they should stand up.  As they counted I timed the children to see who got the closest to the minute.  I then showed the children an apple and asked what it had inside it - seeds came the answer so I took a seed and asked who or what tells the seed to grow in the first place.  I had a picture of the apple cycle to show them as I talked - one person said it is God that does it - great answer.  I then reminded the children of God's words to us in Genesis when he gave us fruit with seeds in it that would produce more fruit and so on.  Also about his promise to have cold and heat, day and night along with the seasons of the year.  Finally I asked what time of year it is, I got autumn, winter I was looking for harvest which someone said in the end.  I reminded the children that we have loads of different food stuffs to eat these days and God is the one that provides us with them so we should thank him for all of them each day and not just at harvest time.  To finish we sang Creator God and then I said a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment