Tuesday 16 April 2019

Low Furness School

This morning I went to do our Easter assembly at Low Furness School.  I started by asking if the children had had a good Easter holidays - except Easter is only next week!!  I then asked if anyone knew what was special about last Sunday - Palm Sunday came the response, next I asked what this week is called - Holy week.  Referring back to Palm Sunday I explained that loads of people stood and cheered Jesus as he came in to Jerusalem.  They sang and shouted praise and worship to him - I said there are so many ways to praise the Lord - cue for a song.  After the song I said I had a sad story to tell, one that has violence in it, betrayal, lies - and yet it all started in a garden.  I used the latest story from Lost Sheep - The Way of the Cross to tell the Easter Story and it ended with Jesus in the tomb which is really the beginning of the greatest story.  After the story I explained what happened next and talked about Easter Sunday by asking what the children get on that day and who eats chocolate before breakfast... talking about the eggs we get a Easter I pointed out that most of them are hollow and empty which helps us to remember that the tomb was empty, they are a kind of roundish shape which reminds us of the stone rolled away and eggs help us to think bout new life.  To finish off we sang Inright Outright before I closed with a prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment