Thursday 25 April 2019

Our Lady's School

This morning I went along to Our Lady's School to do the assembly.  I asked if they were sick of eating chocolate and if they had had chocolate for breakfast on Sunday.  We sang Inright Outright as a reminder of what Jesus did for us at Easter time I then retold the Sunday morning part of the story with the empty tomb then moving forward to 'teatime' early evening I talked about the two followers on the road to Emmaus. It says that the followers were prevented from seeing it was Jesus, to explain this bit I had earlier displayed three pictures of celebs with their faces pixelated - when the followers couldn't see it was Jesus I did explain that his face wasn't pixelated.  As Jesus recalled why the events had happened in Jerusalem that weekend he went to leave them at the house they were going to but being invited in as he sat and took the bread, lifted it up and broke it the followers realise it was Jesus.  They hot footed it back to Jerusalem and Jesus went away again.  I brought out the point that it was when Jesus did what he did they realised who he was.  So I asked the children what they could do to show Jesus to others - I got loads of very good answers from the children like praying for someone, showing love and kindness, helping people out, being selfless rather than selfish.  I said that when we do that we can Shine out Jesus from our insides out - cue for a song.  After the song I finished with a prayer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment