Sunday 4 July 2010

St. Helens Festival

Sarah and I along with the family have been off this weekend to St. Helens at the invitation of SHINE - St. Helens Inter Neighbourhood Evangelism. who have a space at the festival each year. They target the youth of the town through a group called Youth Aflame. Our task is to entertain the children in between the sound checks and acts performing. On Saturday we did 3 magic shows from 12 noon till 5pm and today took part in the Praise in the Park open air service then went on to do 2 other magic shows. Each show had a Christian message at the end following one of my gospel tricks. We have between 15 and 20 children each show as well as their parents. We first of all worked the crowd as they passed by and invited them to the show and gave away over 200 leaflets to children on Saturday. Today we gave away slightly less than that. I was also able to talk to a few adults who happened to pass a comment about the clown costume. My approach was to tell them who I was, what I did and then why, ending with God loves them. On my clown suit I have 4 badge's which represent the 4 points - God loves us, we have done wrong, God sent Jesus to save, we have to decide to follow Him. I can't remember how many people I have spoken to over the weekend and I guess I'll never know how many lives God has touched. So my prayer tonight is that God will work on those people that have been challenged and that they will decide to follow Him - To God Be the Glory.