Tuesday 11 December 2012

Low Furness School

Today was the last assembly of 2012 at Low Furness School.  Sarah wasn't with me so I was flying solo.   After singing Inright Outright I asked a few questions about the time of year.  When I asked what is special about Christmas the answer came back the birth of Jesus.  I took a length of ribbon and explained that Christmas should be a bit like this straight forward and simple but we make it fancy and complicated I curl the ribbon.  Then taking a sheet of paper with Christmas on it I start to rip letters of it and then talk about the S - snow, snowmen the MA for mum who does everything towards Christmas then the T which is for toys and tree and not forgetting tinsel we are only left with CHRIS which is the first name of Father Christmas in some places.  I take all the pieces and fold them into each other before doing a restore routine but drop a piece of paper on the floor which generated a big laugh from the headteacher (who must have thought it had gone wrong) but the paper was unfolded to show the words Happy Birthday Jesus. and a fully restore Christmas.  Taking the ribbon back I uncurl it saying this year make Christmas simple and straight forward again.  To finish we sang a Christmas song followed by a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment