Tuesday 4 December 2012

Ulverston Infants - Church Walk

Christmas at Ulverston Infants.  This morning Sarah and I went into school to do a Christmas assembly.  After singing Inright Outright Sarah asked a few Christmas related questions, she went on to say that Christmas has become very complicated and fancy - I held up a length of ribbon which was straight and I then made in go curly.  I also did a rip and restore paper trick with a twist.  I used the word Christmas and first I removed the S and said a few things about snow and snowmen, then the MA which is mum and what they do running around organising Christmas etc next the T which could be for tree, turkey, toys and how we want the best.  We are now left with CHRIS which is one of the names for Santa, Father Christmas etc.  I had destroyed Christmas.  I told the children I would restore it and put it back as it should be and I did but then the twist as I unfolded the word Christmas a packet of paper fell out on the floor I made a note of it and pretended that it might have gone wrong - but the child that unfolded that one found the words Happy Birthday Jesus on it.  I returned to the ribbon and made it simple and straight once again.  Sarah concluded the assembly by reminding them that it is Jesus' Birthday celebration.  We finished by singing a Christmas song and a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment