Monday 10 December 2012

Pennington School

Sarah and I went to Pennington School this morning for our last visit of 2012.  As it is nearly Christmas we did our Christmas themed assembly.  So after singing Inright Outright Sarah introduced the theme and I asked what makes Christmas, Christmas?  The first answer was - the birth of Jesus which was exactly the answer I wanted.  I then held up the length of ribbon and explained that it really is simple and straight forward but we make it more complex - I then curl the ribbon.  Moving into the torn and restore Christmas routine ending with a packet of folded paper falling to the floor.  Which when I open up the restored Christmas and the dropped paper is opened to say Happy Birthday Jesus.  I then take the curled ribbon and make it straight again saying we should make sure that we keep Christmas simple and straight forward.  We ended with a Christmas song and a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment