Tuesday 12 November 2013

Church Walk Primary School

This morning I went off to Church Walk to take the assembly with my Dad while Mark was at Croftlands Juniors doing another assembly.  Once again there was a very warm welcome from the children and the teachers.  Because there was no way of projecting the words for songs we sang a good old favourite to start the assembly - Great Big God.  I then went on to talk very briefly about the little boy who shared a little but it had an enormous impact in the story of the 5 loaves and 2 fishes.  I talked about fireworks and how they are useless when the exciting stuff is contained inside and how it only shows it's beauty when the blue touch paper is lit.  I let off a party popper which looks very boring inside it's plastic case but once the string is pulled it erupts into something of beauty.  I offered a challenge to the children to be a party popper for God by doing something small for someone else showing kindness and the love of Jesus, they in turn could have an impact on someone's life.  We concluded the assembly by singing Shine from the Inside Out.  Then said a closing prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment