Wednesday 20 November 2013

St Peters Ireleth

This morning Sarah and I went over to St Peters School for the assembly.  We started by singing a song we haven't done for a while Great Great Brill Brill.  The smaller children had a job to keep up with the fast pace of the actions.  Following this I recalled the Gideon story starting when he was in the winepress threshing the wheat.  I quickly covered the fleece part before moving onto the selection of the army and then the reduction of the army down to 300.  I then talked about the battle and how the 300 got split into 100 groups and followed everything Gideon did which resulted in the best part of the story for me the Midianites killing each other.  The point of the story was that God made Gideon strong at just the right time to do the job he was called to do.  He showed great faith in that too.  Following the story we sang Giant of Faith followed by Sarah closing in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment