Tuesday 11 October 2016

Newton Primary School

This afternoon Sarah and I went to do an assembly at Newton Primary School.  We started by singing Be Happy then I opened my bag which was full of different things that can protect you.  I explained that the items were all different but they had something in common, some children said safety which was a great answer but I was looking for the word protection.  Sarah then read the story of Jesus calming the storm from a book by Andy Robb.  Afterwards I explained that all the items I had brought can protect us but in life we have ups and downs a bit like a storm.  Sometimes we are really happy and sometimes feel a bit down so I asked what do we do - I linked back to the disciples in the boat who called out to Jesus for help.  So I encouraged the children to do the same, I then introduced them to Wonderful Lord which talks about God being our shield and protector and He watches over us even when we are sleeping.  During the instrumental part Sarah said a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment