Wednesday 8 February 2017

Broughton School

This morning I went to do the assembly at Broughton School, it was our first visit of the New Year and it was so good to see all the children and staff again.  I started the assembly with Be Happy before showing a picture of an acorn and asking what it was, then I asked what does an acorn grow into? - an oak tree.  I then displayed the phrase mighty oaks from little acorns grow and explained what that means.  I told the children that in their school there could be a future prime minister of England or a top scientist.  I then used displayed pictures to tell the story of how David was anointed as a small boy to be king and how God had big plans for him, although he was only a little acorn David when he was king did great things for God's people and was their best ever king.  After the story I encouraged the children with the message that God has great plans for all of us and that God can do anything, anything at all - cue for a song.  After the song I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment