Wednesday 4 October 2017

Broughton School

This morning I was over at Broughton School for the first assembly of the new school year with them as well as our first OCC assembly of the year.  It was great to see all the children again and they looked great in their new school uniform!  I started the assembly by introducing them to Help Me Be Your Eyes Lord Jesus as the words fitted so well with talking about filling shoe boxes.  I showed them a Minion mini movie with two Minions fighting over a banana - the children though it was great.  I pointed out that the Minions did not want to share what they had with each other and that they wanted it all for themselves - in other words they were selfish.  I explained that the song we sung said help me be your eyes Lord Jesus see where your love is needed help me be your hands... so I encouraged the children to look around and see where and how they could help others and pointed out that a great way would be to collect things to fill a shoe box and send it to children who have very little.  I went through what needs to go into a shoe box as well.  We didn't finish with a song as time was running out so I said a prayer and then played Help Me Be Your Eyes as the children left.

No comments:

Post a Comment