Wednesday 18 October 2017

Lindale School

This morning I went down to Lindale School for our first assembly of the new school year, we had seen some of the children during the Priory day at Cartmel.  I started off with Help Me Be Your Eyes Lord Jesus as this would link in very well with the theme of the assembly.  I told the children the feeding the 5000 story pointing out as I did that the boy had used his eyes and then his hands to do something small that then had a big impact.  By giving over his small lunch Jesus was able to perform a miracle and feed everyone.  I encouraged the children to look around their class room and school as well as at home and in the wider community to see where they might be able to help out in doing something.  I linked in with harvest too saying that at this time of year we bring food gifts in that are send to people in need.  I also mentioned Children in Need as that will be soon too.  I also said that when we do help out like this we Shine from the inside out cue for a song.  After the song I said a short prayer to finish the assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment