Thursday 23 November 2017

Flookburgh School

This morning I went down to Flookburgh School for the assembly.  To start with I asked the children which song they would like to sing - one little boy picked God Can Do Anything, so I asked him to help me with the actions as we sang it.  After the song I took out of my bag a glove and a mitten I explained that both of them would keep my fingers warm however the glove would warm my fingers individually and the mitten the fingers would help to warm each other up.  I did say that both worked very well at finger warming.  I then showed a brief video clip of penguins as they move together for the long winter wait.  I used the clip to explain that the penguins help each other to keep warm and those on the outside will slowly be moved into the middle as they move about working together to keep each other warm.  I did point out that it is good for us all to be individuals but there are times when we do need to work together.  I mentioned a few places were we could do that too.  I used a verse from Philippians 2:4-5 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.  I explained what the verse means which then led to singing Shine. After the song I finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment