Thursday 16 November 2017

St Marys RC Ulverston

This morning I went to do the assembly at St Mary's RC in Ulverston.  After singing Be Happy I told the children a modern day version of the Good Samaritan story.  I used 4 children to help me and they dressed up for their parts.  I then explained afterwards why Jesus told the story and went on to explain the difficulty the people of Jesus' day had with the Samaritan people.  The point was Jesus told the story when someone asked him who their neighbour was.  So I asked the children who their neighbour was and someone said everyone - great response.  I encouraged the children to think about everyone as their neighbour and therefore do what ever they can to help them when they need it.  I linked into the filling of shoe boxes as that was the focus of our previous assembly.  This story fitted well with the song Help Me Be Your Eyes Lord Jesus.  After the song I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment