Wednesday 5 February 2020

Dalton St Mary's

This afternoon Sarah and I went to do the assembly at Dalton St Mary's School.  As it was the first assembly of the new year for us Sarah opened the assembly by asking if everyone had had a good Christmas and New Year and if anyone had been to any parties.  She also asked the children what makes them happy - she asked a few children and we got a number of answers.  We then sang Be Happy.  After the song Sarah introduced the story I had prepared by reminding the children what parables are and that Jesus used them to teach us.  I then told the Lost Son story or the Wild Son Who Returned as the title on the slides I was using said.  I focused in on the dad in the story who forgave his son for the wrong he had done and explained that Jesus came to show us and teach us about God and Heaven and how we can get there - so I explained that the son is like us who do wrong things and the dad is like God who forgives us those wrongs - when we say sorry to him that is.  I also said that we should also be forgiving of those people who do wrong to us.  Sarah then expanded a little further this point by referring to the Lord's Prayer.  We then finished off the assembly with God Can Do Anything before she closed with a prayer and then the Lord's Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment