Thursday 6 February 2020

St Mary's RC School

This morning I went to St Mary's RC School to do the assembly.  As it was the first visit of this year I asked the children if they had had a good Christmas and New Year - there was a link here into something I was going to say later.  Our first song was Be Happy and after the song I told the story of the Lost Son or as the slides I was using for the visual aid called it The Wild Son Who Returned.  As I told the story I focused on the dad who forgave the son for the wrong he had done.  I then pointed out the reason Jesus came to earth was to teach us about God and Heaven and how we can get there.  The story is about forgiveness as the son is like us - people who do things wrong and the dad is like God who will forgive those who do wrong - we just need to say sorry.  But also we need to forgive those people who do wrong to us.  In the prayer that Jesus taught us I continued it says about forgive us as we forgive others the wrong we have done.  To link in with the final song I said that nothing is too big or too small that God can't forgive - after singing God Can do Anything I finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment